WI Broadband Data
In order to better understand specific broadband availability, needs, uses and barriers to adoption, BCCB worked with Research First Consulting to conduct consumer surveys during the summer and fall 2010. Research First was the firm that was selected by the Wisconsin Public Service Commission to conduct the Wisconsin Consumer Broadband Study. Households were selected randomly to participate in the 10-12 minute telephone survey. Wisconsinites were also encouraged to take our online survey or submit their contact information for participation. Research First oversampled the five BCCB demonstration communities which will allow us to make comparisons between our communities and the statewide averages. Selected data are represented below with notes from UW-Extension broadband project staff Andy Lewis.
If you would like information from the PSC’s statewide survey, you can find their report here.
- Percent of Wisconsin households using the internet to research health issues
- Percent of households in which no one uses the internet (anywhere)
- Wisconsin internet connectivity at home
- Wisconsin households using the internet to research or contact government
- Wisconsin households that find broadband access affordable
- Wisconsin broadband affects location decisions
- How Wisconsin households use the internet
- Wisconsin households using the internet to get news
- Wisconsin broadband for economic development (recruitment, retention)
- Wisconsin households using the internet to upload and share photos
- Majority of adults now using social media
Find more Wisconsin data and information on the LinkWISCONSIN site.