Community Sustainability Advisors
Purpose of the Community Sustainability Advisory Group
The role of this group is five-fold:
- By creating the group, fulfill the terms of the SBA grant.
- These advisors will help UWEX explore the need and prospects for sustaining the broadband effort, beyond the grant.
- This group will assist UWEX in exploring options for additional piloting of the BCCB effort: a collaborative broadband effort that provides educational outreach and community facilitation to acquire infrastructure for community institutions; how this would most effectively benefit Wisconsin beyond the five demonstration communities.
- This group will provide additional community feedback about resources being created for replication
by other communities; what are we missing, how we might improve. One key resource is a Guide to Creating Community Area Networks.
- Beyond meeting grant requirements, this group of advisors represents an additional set of stakeholders that will play an advocacy role for broadband expansion in Wisconsin.
- Shaun Abshere, WiscNet
- Oskar Anderson, WI Department of Health Services
- Bob Bocher, WI Department of Public Instruction
- Rovy Branon, UWEX Continuing Education
- Barbara Fleisner, Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation
- Jill Hietpas, Chippewa Valley CINC
- Greg Hutchins, UW-Extension
- Rick Stadelman, Wisconsin Towns Association
- Denise Webb, WI Department of Health Services
- Martha Van Pelt, WI State Library Association
- Louis Wenzlow, Rural WI Health Cooperative
- Ross Wilson, CESA 10