The Center for Community Technology Solutions is being developed in the University Wisconsin-Extension to continue strategic pieces of the work of the 2010 ARRA broadband grants awarded to UW-Extension and its statewide partners. Read more about the two grants here.
Moving into 2013, the Center has the following areas of focus:
- Economic Development: Increase broadband availability and effective use of broadband to advance the state’s economy.
- Partner with the WI Public Service Commission:
- Effectively monitor and evaluate the Public Service Commission’s effort to improve broadband in the state of Wisconsin;
- Create a train the trainer program for the PSC;
- Provide technology training for regional planning group leaders.
- Community Piloting: Increase the number of rural communities actively working to improve broadband availability, adoption and application.
- General Outreach & Engagement: Develop relationships with relevant organizations to expand outreach efforts that communicate the benefits of broadband to foster broadband adoption.
- Tech/Broadband Training and Coaching: Expand the capacity of UWEX/Colleges faculty/staff to assist communities with strategies aimed at increasing their level of broadband connectivity.
Interested in partnering with us to connect your community? Call us toll free: 855-306-8050 or email us today!