Wisconsin broadband: Connecting Communities to Compete
Broadband, or high speed internet, is a must-have infrastructure for economic growth, job creation, global competitiveness and improved communication. With high speed, high capacity internet, Wisconsin communities can…
- Help local businesses compete globally
- Reduce government costs while streamlining government services
- Promote employment prospects through online resources
- Improve educational opportunities
- Expand health care through tele-medicine
- Increase the option for telecommuting
- Attract and retain year long residents
The Center for Community Technology Solutions is working to help Wisconsin communities develop the internet capacity they need. Read more about our Center.
The Center for Community Technology Solutions was developed by the University Wisconsin-Extension to build off two federal grants developing broadband capacity for Wisconsin communities. Read more on the two BCCB grants here.